Thursday, 16 April 2015

Are You Carbon Monoxide safe? & Giveaway CLOSED

When we lived in London our flat was completely powered by electricity and some solar power. In our new house we have a supply of both gas and electricity.
A few weeks ago my mum and I were discussing carbon monoxide detectors. My parents had one but needed a new one and I wanted to get one for our home. I've read and heard quite a lot about carbon monoxide poisoning in the past and want to ensure we are safe at home.
 Every year in the UK, more than 200 people go to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning, and around 40 people die. Small children and the elderly are most at risk, CORGI HomePlan is campaigning for every home to get a carbon monoxide detector, so that they can keep their family safe. In the last three years, an estimated one in six homes inspected by the Gas Safe Register was found to have an unsafe gas appliance and one in eleven has an unsafe boiler.
Our boiler played up on Good Friday which meant we had to pay a small fortune for it to get repaired. We were also advised to get it serviced regularly.
CORGI are campaigning for all homes to install a CO detector. They have created a microsite to help families become more aware about the dangers of gas appliances in the home. http://corgi-homeplan-how-safe-is-your-home.org/ It's filled with advice and what to look out for if carbon monoxide poisoning could be affecting you. It's an easy reference resource for those of us unsure how to stay safe in the home and what to do if things do go wrong.
We now have a carbon monoxide detector at home, do you? If not CORGI are giving one away! Enter via the Rafflecopter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate comments and read all of them!